School. work, kids sports, going to the gym, packing lunches, grocery shopping, doing laundry, vaccuuming, keeping the house clean, playing chauffeur…
Yawn… No wonder so many of us still feel tired and fatigued after a solid 7-8 hours of sleep!
Thankfully, there are a few natural and simple ways to increase your energy levels so you can do more in your day and keep going and going and going … and going … and going ….
- Vitamin B12 – helps build protein, new cells and new red blood cells (those are the oxygen carrying blood cells). As well, vitamin B12 helps your body metabolize fats, carbohydrates and proteins for energy production.
- Siberian Ginseng – Combats fatigue by slowing down the depletion of stimulatory hormones. How you ask? By promoting an effective release of the hormones.
- Guarana – Decreases the signaling of calming neurotransmitters*, while allowing for the release of increased amounts of stimulatory neurotransmitters. Stimulates the central nervous system, heart and muscles, making you feel more alert and awake.
- Green Tea – Increases mental alertness, and acts as a physical energizer by increasing the rate of energy production by metabolizing fat (hence why green tea is also consumed for weight loss). Green tea also works similar to guarana in that it blocks calming receptors allowing for the release of stimulatory neurotransmitters from the brain.*Neurotransmitters are brain chemicals that act as electrical switches in the brain to deliver messages through the nervous system with the end result being any and all functions of the body.
Do you take anything to boost your energy?
– Disclosure: As a Swiss Natural Ambassador, I was paid to write this post. –