This is a guest post from my dear friend Katrina aka @craftsbykatie, who blogs at the fabulous Life With Katie. Katie is a finalist for Mamavation Campaign 10, aÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â weight loss support group for moms in social media. Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â
Hi all! I wanted to share with you one of my family’s favorite recipes. We call it Taco Chicken. Granted, there was some confusion among my children when I first told them that we were making this. They were really shocked to find out I didn’t mean chicken tacos. Instead, I meant something much yummier. This recipe is quick, easy and depending on how much cheese you use (we use a pretty small amount, just enough for the flavor), it’s pretty healthy too. We usually pair this with a side of steamed asparagus for one delicious meal.
This recipe is quick, easy and depending on how much cheese you use (we use a pretty small amount, just enough for the flavor), it's pretty healthy too. We usually pair this with a side of steamed asparagus for one delicious meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- low fat shredded cheese (taco blend is nice but any type will work)
- red potatoes (at least 1 per person)
- fat free sour cream (optional)
- taco seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Slice potatoes into thin to medium sized slices.
- Tear off 4 sheets of tinfoil. This needs to be large enough that you can create a packet around your chicken.
- Spray each sheet with Pam.
- Divide your potato slices between the 4 sheets and place a chicken breast on top. At this point, if you want, sprinkle the chicken with taco seasoning (I leave it off.)
- Pour desired amount of salsa over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap foil around creating a packet. Place your packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Open packets, plate and serve with optional sour cream!
- Eat and go yum, yum, yum!
If you like Katie’s recipe, then please take a moment toÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â vote for her (@craftsbykatie) and her husband (@justinvation).