I love this time of year… Because it means that Spring is right around the corner! In fact, I even saw some tulips trying to poke up in my garden! I always feel a sense of accomplishment when Spring comes – a sigh of oh-my-goodness-I-made-it-through-another-winter!! LOL!
With St. Patrick’s Day comes McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes – the true sign that spring is near. But what’s in them? And how many calories are in them? Yeah….
SoI thought I’d offer up this healthy alternative:
This green shake provides the body with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, and they taste great. Even my kids love them! If your little ones don’t want to eat their veggies, a green shake is a fantastic remedy. They also give you energy and vitality. They are quick and convenient to make in the morning (or anytime), and can be suited to personal tastes.
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 5 Frozen Strawberries
- 1 cup Frozen mixed fruit of choice
- 1 Orange peeled
- 1/2 cup Greens (Use spinach if it’s your first green shake. The taste is milder than other types and won’t be noticeable at all. Try collars, kale, or mustard, for a different flavor.)
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup Milk (Almond milk, Soy Milk etc...)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with enough water to reach the desired consistency. Blend
- thoroughly on medium speed until there are no discernable pieces of greens left. Serve in chilled glasses immediately.
If you have children, you could freeze the green shake into popsicles for later use. You can also refrigerate leftovers and serve later, as long as it is consumed within 2 days.
Happy St. Patty’s Day!!!
SUBSCRIBE or follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | RSS