As I’ve written several times, I’m not the greatest cook. It’s not that I don’t like cooking, it’s just that I don’t have a lot of free time. As well, I’m often only preparing meals for my daughters and myself, as my husband works late and travels frequently. This means as a family we eat a lot of sandwiches and salads. This is why my favourite recipe to prepare is Greek Quinoa Salad – it’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes great and keeps well for at least a week.
This delicious and nutritious greek salad can be served as a side dish to souvlaki, sandwiches or in a wrap with some lettuce.
- 225g Quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Cup of Feta cheese
- 3/4 cup black olives - drained (optional)
- 1 Cup of greek salad dressing
- Using a fine sieve, rinse and drain 225g package of quinoa.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add quinoa, stir and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 min or until quinoa has absorbed all the water and is light and fluffy.
- While quinoa is simmering, chop tomato, cucumber and red onion.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork, and let stand for 5 min.
- Add chopped vegetables, feta, black olives, and salad dressing to quinoa in large bowl.
- Chill overnight in the fridge.
What’s your favourite recipe to cook?
PS – Don’t forget to link up your post in the comments below.
PPS – Please be sure to visit some of the other blog posts linked up so that we can all support and get to know each other.