Hooray! The weather has been warming up and I find myself with more opportunities to wear flip flops, which means summer cocktail season is right around the corner!
Mmmmmm summer cocktails!
Now I don’t know about you, but I find the high amount of sugar in my cocktails leave me with quite the headache…. Ouch! Which is why I was really happy when SunRype approached me to try their new SunRype Slim. Slim by SunRype is a delicious beverage that, combines real fruit juices with only natural flavors and a sucralose blend designed to deliver more natural fruit taste. There’s only 10 calories per glass and they contain no artificial flavours, no artificial colours and no aspartame!
These days I want it all ” Great taste and satisfaction without the guilt of added calories. I’ve found it difficult to navigate through the diet and low calorie options on the market. Despite the promise of full flavour, they often taste diluted or artificial, or I’m stuck with only one choice, Cranberry juice.
SunRype Slim comes in three flavours that deliver refreshing fruit taste with no artificial flavours, no artificial colours and no aspartame:
- Cranberry Twist is a delicious blend of cranberry with a hint of pomegranate
- Tropical Mango is a refreshing blend of mango with a hint of pineapple.
- Blueberry Burst is a blend of blueberry and pomegranate perfectly balanced to deliver a burst of flavor
Cocktails… did someone say cocktails?!
SunRype Slim tastes great in summer cocktails and mocktails!
Here are four tasty low calorie summer cocktail recipes for you so that you can enjoy your summer guilt-free!
- 3 oz. champagne or sparkling wine
- 2 oz. Slim Cranberry Twist
- 1 wedge lime
- Frozen cranberries to garnish
- Pour Slim Cranberry Twist in a chilled Champagne flute and add a squeeze of lime. Top off the glass with Champagne. Garnish with frozen cranberries and enjoy!
- 2 oz Slim Blueberry Burst
- 1/2 oz blueberry vodka
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- Squeeze of lemon
- Blueberries to garnish
- Pour Slim Blueberry Burst, Vodka, and Triple Sec into a martini shaker with ice. Squeeze lemon
- into the shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into a martini glass over ice and garnish with
- 2 oz Slim Tropical Mango
- 1 oz Malibu Rum
- Splash of grenadine
- Pineapple wedge to garnish
- Combine Slim Tropical Mango and Malibu rum in a short glass over ice. Stir and then add a splash of grenadine. Garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge.
- To serve as a cocktail, double the Slim Tropical Mango to 4oz.
Slim is also a great addition to mocktails!
- 2 oz coconut milk
- 5 oz Slim Tropical Mango
- 1 small banana
- Crushed ice
- Pineapple wedge to garnish
- Peel the banana and place in a blender with the juice and coconut milk. Add in some ice and blend for 10 seconds. Pour in a large glass and serve with a straw with a garnish of sliced pineapple on the rim.
I made ALL of the above cocktails, and mocktails and they were delicious! My kids (and the neighbour’s kid) greatly enjoyed the Tropical delight Mocktail, and even asked for seconds! I then experimented, and came up with my own delicious Cranberry-Berry Smoothie 🙂
- 1 cup Slim Cranberry Twist
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 2oz Coconut milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Add in some ice and blend for 10 seconds. Pour in a large glass and serve with a straw with a garnish of sliced pineapple on the rim.
Now a craving for something refreshing and tropical doesn’t have to a mean a sugary,
calorie laden punch or cocktail!
For more information on healthy, delicious beverages and snacks, please visit SunRype’s thriving Facebook page of product information, recipes, and health resources!
Disclaimer: I am participating in a SheBlogs Media compensated campaign.