This past weekend, my hubby and the kids made me the most delicious grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner – but these were not just ANY grilled cheese sandwiches. Nope – these were, in my humble opinion, the WORLD’S GREATEST grilled cheese sandwiches. Why? Because they were made with LOVE. Lots and lots of LOVE:
And homemade bread:
Mmmmmm homemade bread! How I love thee!
Because these sandwiches were so incredibly yummy and so incredibly somewhat healthy (well – healthier than the bread that you buy at the store), I thought I’d share with you how to make your very own WORLD’S GREATEST grilled cheese sandwiches:
- 1-1/3 cups Water
- 2 tbsp. Powdered Milk
- 1-1/2 tsp. Salt .
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Shortening
- 4 cups White flour*
- 1 tsp. Yeast
- 5 Slices of cheese
- Measure ingredients in the order listed into Baking Pan of your breadmaker.
- Insert Baking Pan into oven chamber,twist to secure.Close lid.
- Select:Basic Bread Setting.
- Select “Regular”or “Dark”crust.
- Press Start - There will be a 15-minute preheat delay
- before mixing begins.
- Using oven mitts,remove bread when completion beeps sound.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Slice bread, and spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place buttered side down on warm frying pan. Layer a slice of cheese on it, and another slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill on frying pan until lightly browned, then turn over and grill the other side.
- Eat and enjoy!
On a cool fall day there is really nothing better than the smell of fresh bread baking in the house, and a grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect way to enjoy that bread!
Question/Sharing: What’s your favourite cool fall day meal?
PS – I’m trying out FaceBook Social Comments on the blog for the next few weeks as a test/case study as part of my work with the Ontario Women’s Triathlon committee. Do you mind using your FaceBook account to comment, please? Thanks!
If you have a FaceBook fan page, you can comment as your page by clicking the “change“ link next to the blue comment box.