If you’re new here, #MotivateME Monday is a weekly link-up co-hosted by myself and Running Rachel for accountability and encouragement. It’s a place for us to share goals, plans, successes and have each other to pick us up to keep moving forward.
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a great week last week. It was super duper cold out here in the great white north – there was one morning I ran when it was -17C! I’m really hoping that March will bring us with some warmer temperatures – last month was brutal!!
I’m so sick of running in this:
I love my Mizuno’s, but man I hate the snow!!
Last week my training was ok. I had some days where my motivation was HIGH and others where my motivation was low. Here’s what the week looked like:
Tuesday: 5.79k hill repeats on my lunch break
Wednesday: 6k morning run with my best running friend
Thursday: 8k run at lunch
Friday: 8.10k run with the o’dark thirty ladies
Saturday morning I woke up early to go run on the dreadmill, but was caught sneaking out of the house by my 4 yr old who insisted on cuddling with me before I left. 5 min turned into an hour of cuddling with the kids and suddenly my only opportunity to run was gone.
Cuddles are better than running, right?
As I was writing out my February training recap on Friday, I realised that I didn’t set any goals for February. I guess that explains why I’ve felt so off for the month. Even once I got back to running, I just couldn’t find my focus or motivation, so I’ve decided to set some goals for March, besides, I also have this to work towards:
A Vegas girls week trip has officially been booked for May 25th to celebrate my 40th birthday!!
So to get ready for the trip (and Ironman 70.3 Muskoka, and the 30k race at the end of this month that I almost forgot about), I need to get my butt back in gear and to set some SMART goals.
So without further adieu, here are my March goals:
- Eat more fruits and veggies and less junk. I will have a green juice for breakfast 5 days a week,andLoveGrown Hot Oats on the other two days (the mornings where I wake up and run).
- Lift weights 3x/week. I’ll have to lift a little lighter at first so that the DOMS doesn’t interfere with my running.
- Run 2 mornings/week + 1 long run on weekends.
- Ride my bike on the trainer 2x/week.
- Follow the “Little Black Dress 30 Day Fitness Challenge” ? A fun do anywhere fitness challenge.
- Keep making time for cuddling, but don’t let it interfere with training.
So in keeping with my goals, here is this week’s plan:
(Hubby is back from his travels so I can train more – yay!)
Monday: Weights at GoodLife Fitness, 30 min on the trainer in the evening
Challenge: 30s plank, 10 press ups, 10 Mountain climbers
Tuesday: 6-8k morning run with my best running friends
Challenge: 20 jumping jacks, 10 burpees, 10 high kness
Wednesday: Weights at GoodLife Fitness
Challenge: 20 squats, 20 lunges, 20 bridges
Thursday: 6-8k morning run with my best running friends
Friday: Weights at GoodLife Fitness
Challenge: 40s plank, 15 tricep dips, 20 mountain climbers
Saturday: 20k run
Challenge: 25 jumping jacks, 20 burpees, 20 high knees
Sunday: 90 min on the trainer
Challenge: 25 bridges, 30 squats, 30 lunges
All in all, I’m so happy to be done with February. It is honestly my LEAST favourite month of the year!
(I’m not sure what meals we’re having yet because I’m heading out to the grocery store right after I schedule this post, though I do have a habit of choosing healthier foods after writing out my goals and plans.)
Join the #MotivateMe link up!
The rules are very simple:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, please mention that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts, Fitness Cheerleader at FitnessCheerleader.com, & Running Rachel at RunningRachel.com.
- Read what the other linkers, are sharing. Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
Have an active and healthy week!
How do you beat the winter blues?
What are your goals for March?
Do you have any upcoming races?