Motivation Monday – April 5, 2010

This is my Mamavation Monday post for Monday, April 5, 2010.

I have no idea what I weigh. I couldn’t tell you if I’ve been gaining or losing. Yanno why? Because quite honestly I could careless. Part of my goal for this year was to begin feeling better about myself, so I created a half-marathon training plan and decided to go for it. Running makes me happy. Last night I stayed up late and scoured through all of the Sports Stats and Champion Chip race results to find (and make a table of) all of my race results. You know what I noticed? All of the times in my life I remember feeling good about myself, being happy and living life in the moment, I raced alot. With alot of racing came alot of training. I don’t really know why I strayed from my running. But it doesn’t matter. What matters is I’m back – and I’m very happy.

Yesterday was the Harry’s Spring Run-Off 5K that I wrote about in my post last week. I dragged the kids to the race with me, and had my friend watch them while I ran (therefore no pictures). I said that I wanted to train easy this week to prepare for the race so I could run as fast as I could – and I did! Check it out:

I finished 7th in my age group!! I also set a personal best! My finishing time was 25:26. When I returned to running this January in my personal Happiness Project, I never expected that hard work, proper nutrition, rest etc would get me here! The last 5K’s I ran were 6+yrs ago, so to beat times I posted when I was under 30 is fantastic! Yay!

It’s amazing how far I’ve come – below is a video my mom took of my “fishing” with my daughter in our outside pool 3 yrs ago:

I’m back guys and I can’t wait to do the half marathon.

All the best in health and fitness,

Follow me on: Twitter @fitcheerldr | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook.

Comments

Ha! That video is so cute! I know I’ve already told you on twitter, but you did awesome!!!! I don’t know why I thought it was your big one, though…I’m a dork! I know you’re gonna kick some major tushy!!!! *hugs*

Great race! Congratulation! Don’t concern yourself why you left the running game, just be happy to be back… and STAY ;-)

Good to hear that you’re feeling better and back on your running. Doing what you’re passionate about really helps make one happy. Keep doing what you love to do. What an awesome video! Sierra is so adorable. — @ImAHotMom

I am drooling over the thought of doing a 25 minute 5K again. You have to feel so jazzed prepping for your half with this kind of time. Keep it up. I know how hard you have been working, and it is nothing short of beautiful how much you have been loving it.

I am always in awe of people who liked running marathons. I was never much of a long distance runner but sprinting- that was my forte! I want to do the Couch to 5k program once I hit my midway point.

Congrats on your finishing times!

Congrats, lady! Wow, this post has definitely inspired me. Isn’t it wonderful how great you feel when you’re doing something that you enjoy? Keep being happy because, ultimately, that is what counts.

It is a dream of mine to run in a 5k. I don’t know if it will ever come true for me though. I never have anyone to watch my kids to run! You are doing fabulous!

Way to Go! Your running is inspiring to me. I am really trying to find my inner runner. I know it is in me somewhere! Keep up the great work!

AWE.SOME!!! I am finding how much I enjoying running, something I never thought I would say. It’s time alone, time to think, in addition to the exercise and the challenge that it gives me. Thanks so MUCH for the inspiration that you are and how you share your own journey with us. THANK YOU!

the video is too funny!

Awesome job on your race, feeling great and getting your personal best! Keep up the great attitude!!!!

YAY another person who isn’t focused on the number the scales give! I mean, for those that are that’s awesome, but I was feeling kind of lonely.

I thought I was the only person utilizing the group (although I’m not in the sistahood yet) for simple health and not weight loss!

Congrats on the race!

12. Amanda says

Just tought i would let you know…. I heart you! Wtg you are rocke that run! Woo hoo! Amanda

I. Am. In. AWE!

I have always wanted to run a marathon of some sort — but I’ve never been in the shape needed or bothered with training. I WANT TO DO THIS! So glad I found your post. :)

Love the video — your daughter is cute.

I love your attitude! I keep thinking I should take a break from the scale but I don’t know what he would do without me stepping on and off all day! I really should. I am SO thrilled for you and your 5K time. That has got to be awesome! Don’t you love the times when you really get to see your hard work pay off? Keep it up, girl!

Wow, awesome time on your run! I’m so glad you’re “back” and you’re happy! Keep it up! You’re so motivating and inspirational! Thank you!