Happy New Year Everyone!!
I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season! I’m jumping back into the New Year by reflecting back on the past year and assessing last year’s accomplishments, then creating goals, plans and action items.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Are you a resolution or a goal setting kind of person? I’m a goal oriented person which I credit to my psychology of sport professor, Dr. Sue Vail whose goal setting exercises in our classes has stuck with me for the past 15yrs and has greatly helped me to accomplish so many great things.
For me, 2013 is all about goals, plans and taking action, and this year I have fitness, finance, blogging, professional and blogging goals:
- GOAL: Eat better
PLAN: meal plan, bring my lunch and consume less junk|
- GOAL:Complete the Chilly Half Marathon in March
PLAN: Follow the 10 week half marathon training plan I created
- GOAL: Travel with my family to Huntington Beach and run the Ragnar So-Cal relay with 11 other bloggers in April
PLAN: Create and follow an 8 week training plan starting two days after the Chilly Half Marathon
- GOAL: Complete an Olympic distance triathlon in the summer (any triathlon suggestions?)
PLAN: Create and follow a 12 week training plan right after I get back from Ragnar
- GOAL: Set a new PB at the Ontario Women’s Sprint Distance Triathlon in September
PLAN: Create and follow an 8 week training plan right after the Olympic Distance triathlon
- GOAL: Run the Scotia Bank Half Marathon in October
PLAN: Create and follow a 6 week training plan right after the OWT
- Continue to only pay cash for purchases
- Put $100/month into savings
- Do not increase my credit card debt (a bonus will be if I decrease it this year)
- GOAL: Work harder at work – do a better job focusing
PLAN: Address the potential SOURCES of my headaches that are causing my lack of focus: teeth grinding, not wearing my glasses & dehydration
- GOAL: PASS my Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation exam – I received news on Friday that my application to write the exam was approved – I meet all the prerequisites to write the test!!
PLAN: put together a study plan and study my freaking butt off
- Spend more time focusing on creating content than on “tweaking” small unnoticeable things on my websiteÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â (basically if words aren’t coming to me, then go comment on other people’s blogs or just go to bed)
- Link more to other people’s posts, and share their accomplishments
(I do have plans for these goals, some of which I alluded to in my goal list, but I won’t share them here because that would just make for a boring post.)
And now it’s time for me to take action towards accomplishing those goals!Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â In order to do so, each week I make plans – training plans, eating plans, financial plans, study plans and yes, even blogging plans.Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â For the past few months I haven’t been successful because I wasn’t organized and I didn’t do any planning.
This week’s plans/action items:
Monday: Nike Training Club workout
Tuesday: Run 5kWednesday: BodyPump
Thursday: Run 5k
Friday: Run 6.6k
Sunday: Run 12k
Have a great week and great 2013 everyone!!
What are your goals for this year and week?Thanks for stopping by,