Happy 2011 everyone!
This year my main goal is the same SMART goal as last year: To run a Half Marathon. I haven’t decided if I’m going to do the Toronto Women’s Half Marathon or the Ottawa Half Marathon (it really depends on if my pal Stephanie from Fit Mom… In Training decides to join Team in Training and run the Ottawa Half Marathon with me – now everyone go bug her and tell her she needs to raise some funds and join me!). EDIT: Stephanie says she has a date with U2 and Bono that weekend so I’ve gone ahead and registered for the Toronto Women’s Half Marathon.
Like everyone else this time of year, I have a whole pile of other goals too. Fitness goals, nutrition goals, blog goals, household goals… The list goes on. In fact I’ve already started on my Fitness goal – I did the 30 min workout with my Wii EASports Active More Workouts.
I’m gonna share my goals with you because a little birdie once told me that if you make your goals public you’re more likely to accomplish them – so here they are:
- Go to Mama and Baby Fitness class twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays (until Amber can crawl)
- Complete the couch to 5k program and run a 5k in early March
- Run The Mississauga Marathon Race Weekend 10k in early May with my pals Tina and Roz (Roz is making the trip all the way from the other side of the world aka-Australia, to run with me so I better get to that starting line injury free!)
- Run TWO half marathons – one in the Spring (Toronto Women’s Half Marathon), and one in the Fall (Scotiabank Half Marathon) – I’ve already registered for both!
- Compete in a Triathlon – I’m thinking the Milton Women’s Triathlon
- Only eat McDonald’s every other week – and only eat their salads
- I can’t totally give up soda pop, but I will greatly reduce how much I have to 1/week
- Increase my repertoire of meals that I prepare for my family – right now I think there are only three meals I prepare that they like: Chili, Spanish Rice Wraps and Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Drink only 1 coffee/day (coffee is my best friend these days and I’d like to switch that to water).
- Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and veggies each day.
- Write posts from the heart 5 times/week
- Inspire you to reach all of your goals
- Comment on 5 blog posts/day
- Encourage all of my mamavation sista’s by commenting on all of their Mamavation Monday blog posts each Monday
- Secure sponsorship and attend at least one blog conference – perhaps the Mamavation Meet-Up?
- Continue to use they Home Budget App on my iPhone to stay within my budgets and pay off my credit card
- Organize the mess of toys in my basement
- Organize all of the kids clothes and bedrooms
- Pick out paint colours and have the whole house re-painted (the previous owners painted the whole house an awful hospital green that I’m sure contributed to my post-partum depression).
I think that’s about it Perhaps I’m a bit ambitious this year, but if you don’t set goals then how will you ever accomplish anything?