This is Day 3 of the March Healthy Living/Fitness Blogger Blogging Challenge. Please feel free to join in and share your blog post in the comments below and visit the other blogs that have linked up. For a list of suggested topics, please visit this post.
In late December, in lieu of a New Year’s Resolution many people were proposing their one word for the year, I didn’t do this, instead I chose a song for the year: Keep Holding On by fellow Canadian, Avril Lavigne. It’s interesting that the whole song is about remaining STRONG, so perhaps my word for the year should be STRONG.
According to my very good friend, Google, the word strong itself has three meanings:
strong – strôNG/ –adjective
What the word STRONG means to me:
To me, being strong is stepping outside of my comfort zone and pushing myself to do what I don’t want to do.
This can be applied to many things going on in my life right now:
- Lifting more weight and holding strength moves for as long as my trainer tells me to.
- Planning my meals and saying no to treats and yes to foods that will help me improve.
- Remembering to take my iron and vitamin B12 supplements (these help to improve oxygen carrying capacity).
- Running faster and longer than what’s comfortable, pushing my body to improve.
- Turning off the computer and going to bed earlier than I want to (this is a hard one).
- Rising to the challenges that my job and new role presents to me – sometimes this includes saying no to people, which doesn’t come naturally to me. I’m a YES person.
- Going after a bucket list goal that scares the sh-t outta me.
Truth be told, when I think of the word strong I also think of this joke:
Everyone has their own meaning for the word strong, it can be a mantra, like when I swim I repeat the words “Long & strong” in my head over and over reminding me to use proper form, it can be a descriptive word, or it can refer to inner strength.
It's your turn… What does STRONG mean to you?
Participating in the March Healthy Living/Fitness Blogger Blogging Challenge? Then please feel free to join in and share your post in the comments below and be sure to check out some of the other blogs too. For a list of suggested topics, please visit this post.
PS – I have created a group Pinterest Board to share our posts from the blogging challenge to. If you would like to be added to the group board, please follow me on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/fitcheerldr so that I can follow you back and add you to the board.
or follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | RSS | Email