So today is National Running Day, and as y’all know, I’m Canadian (eh!). Although there’s no INTERNATIONAL Running Day, I’m a runner no matter where I live so I decided to celebrate right along with all of you and ran a nice easy 5k at lunch. It wasn’t completely pain-free, but my leg certainly felt MUCH better than it’s been in a LONG time, so yay!!!
This morning I asked you WHY you run. To which my friend Jenny (that I happened to have met through running and triathlon) said, “I run for my health, stress relief and just cause I LOVE it”. (Great reasons Jenny!).
We all have different reasons to run, so I thought it would be fun to share a few of my reasons:
- Number 1 is to spend time with my kids. Sometimes we race together, and sometimes we run together, and still other times they ride their bikes and I run. No matter how we do it, we enjoy the time spent being active together:
- To spend time with friends. We enjoy dressing up crazy and doing races together:
- To raise money for important causes, like Women’s Mental Health, or cancer etc:
- To be a better version of myself:
- To challenge myself and because it makes me feel empowered and strong:
And most importantly because it love it. Running makes me feel very happy!
Happy National Running Day!
Now it’s your turn…
Why do you run?
How many miles did you run today?