I totally stumbled upon this by accident, but it’s so AWESOMESAUCE that I just can’t keep it a secret! FREE WORKOUT MUSIC!! AndÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.It’s totally legit ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ ” you aren’t gonna get busted for pirating copyrighted music, and this isn’t file sharing either.
Here’s the story…
The other day I sent out a tweet looking for some inspiring music to pump me up for my workouts and my work day:
Holy moly! The GNC LiveÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â Well Mixtape totally awesome!! (Seriously ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ ” go listen/download it after you read this post). I immediately got hooked ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ ” but I then encountered a problemÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦. I could only stream the music from the SoundCloud website or via an iphone app ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ ” which totally kills my data plan on my iphone, or uses up a ton of bandwidth at work ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ ” neither of which is cool.
So I turned to my good friend GoogleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â¦.
It was actually really easy ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬ ” so I ‘m sharing the steps with you in this printable little ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…”how toÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â:
- Go to soundcloud.com and find tracks that you like. (Yanno, like the LiveWell MixTape)
- Copy the URL from your browser’s address bar ie:
- Go to soundcloud-download.com and paste that code that you just copied into the big box
- You’ll be brought to a new page that will have a big button that says ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…”Right Click and SaveÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â
- Right click on that button and choose ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…”save target asÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â or something similar to that, every browser is different.
- Choose a place on your computer to save the mp3 to.
Next you need to import that music into your itunes library and add it to your iphone/ipod/ipad:
- Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â In iTunes, click on “File”, and then “Add to Library”
- Locate the audio file on your hard drive. Select it and click “Open” to add it to your library.
- Sync your iPod or iPhone
And now that you’ve got some kick butt music, it’s time to go kick some butt at the gym…