Too busy to exercise? Think again.
Here are a few ways that you can add movement and burn extra calories throughout the day:
- USE a headset. If you’re on the telephone a lot, get a hands-free set so you can walk around your work space as you talk.
- USE small hand weights> – use cans of soup or exercise bands to work your biceps, triceps and shoulders.
- WALK to co-workers’ – deliver messages instead of e-mailing or calling.
- WEAR a pedometer – track how many steps you take in a day. Set daily step goals to challenge yourself.
- GET UP to stretch – swing your arms and move around once every hour. Set an alarm to help you remember.
Small fitness bits such as these can’t replace the benefits of a 30-minute workout, but they certainly help. Every minute of movement you add to your day helps you to reduce stress, tone your body, strengthen your heart and helps you manage your weight.
Question/Sharing: How do you fit in extra movement during the day?
Have a great weekend folks!!
or follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | RSS | Email