First off, I gotta say that I totally love Chris’s blog name: Wisdom, Courage, Power - his blog is equally as good as the name so I’m completely honored that he nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Here’s how the award works (aka here’s the rules):
- Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
- Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
- Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
- Go to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs!
And now, my things for the award:
11 Random Things About Me:
(I apologize because if you’ve been reading my blog for awhile these won’t seem so random)
- I’m of dutch heritage – my mother was born in Holland and I even went to a Dutch Christian Reformed school when I was young.
- I love to play softball, but not that three-pitch crap or that slo-pitch crap – I play REAL softball, yanno, with the windmill pitching.
- I was on the varsity field lacrosse team in University – I may even still have my varsity jacket hiding somewhere in the basement.
- My husband proposed to me at the Casino Niagara International Marathon.
- In keeping with the casino theme, we were married at Caesar’s Palace in Vegas – I tried to tie in the marathon theme with it too but unfortunately he’s totally not a runner.
- In our wedding vows my hubby promised to love me through each of the seasons: Marathon, Triathlon and the off-season. Little did he know he’d still have to honor those vows 9 years later (and hopefully for many, many more).
- I love beer. And chicken wings. And beer and chicken wings together.
- I’m on the Ontario Women’s Triathlon committee – I designed and manage their website, manage their twitter and facebook accounts, design and draft their newsletters, and draft their blog posts.
- I’ve only done two triathlons, but I hope to do many more, and maybe one day even buy a tri bike so I don’t have to borrow them for races.
- I grew up in a bowling alley – my dad was a 5-pin bowling alley manager and I spent my summers, spring break, Christmas break and PA days bowling at the alley so I’m pretty good. I even had a bowling shirt covered in badges that I won. Maybe when the girls are older I’ll join an adult bowling league?
- Although I have three wonderful daughters, I never pictured myself raising girls – I wanted a house full of little boys to rough house and play catch with. The girlie issues I have to deal with completely boggle my mind.
Chris’s questions for me:
- What are you passionate about? My husband, my daughters, running, being active for longevity, and getting more women involved in racing in triathlons now that I’m on the committee for the Ontario Women’s Triathlon.
- What motivates you to get things done? Fear of failure
- What stops you from achieving your goals? Nothing – I go for them all with no looking back.
- Batman or Superman (Human physical and mental greatness or Alien god-like powers)? Who?
- Do you have pets? Not anymore. I had a rottweiler dog named Molly who was my best running bud. She had a stroke and passed away a week before my third daughter was born. I’ll always remember our last few runs together, I was pregnant and slow, and she was getting old and slow.
- If you could travel anywhere for relaxation or excitement where and what would it be? Good question! Relaxation? Well I’m not that good at that, but I’m better at it after a race – perhaps one day I’ll do the Ironman in Kona and vacation in Hawaii? I’d love to go back there.
- What is your favourite movie and why? Rudy - The film is entirely about Ruettiger’s (Rudy’s) ceaseless commitment towards his goal of playing football for Notre Dame. It’s the sort of film that looks back on a life and says the battle was its own reward, not the glory.
- Would you use a time machine to alter your past? Knowing that any changes made could completely change your life/knowledge/personality now? When the kids are throwing tantrums and screaming at me? Yes definitely, but other than those rare moments no – I’m pretty happy.
- What’s your all time favourite band? New Kids on the Block (I can’t wait to meet them again in Toronto on July 28th!!!).
- What makes a good friend? Someone who wears the same size running shoes as me… Kidding – the ability to help me see things from a different perspective.
- Why do you blog? I blog to keep myself motivated and perhaps to help even one person to see that being active is not just a means towards getting skinny – it’s a path towards a longer, happier more fulfilled life, clothes that fit is just a bonus side effect. As evidenced by the answers to all the previous questions, I love being active and trying new sports and activities just for the sake of being active.
11 Random Questions for the Bloggers I’ve Tagged:
- What was the first sport that you played?
- What’s your favourite song to workout to?
- Are you a cardio or a weight junkie?
- What is one thing that you would like to do better?
- What is the one thing that you do really well?
- Are you a back, side or front sleeper?
- Do you workout in the morning? night? or other?
- What do you do when you aren’t working out or blogging?
- Who is your celebrity crush? ie: Who would you like to workout with?
- How many burpees can you do in a row? (Yes – you have to do as many as you can and report back to me).
- Can you touch your toes?
And now to tag 11 bloggers
- Jenn @ http://www.comebackmomma.com
- Toni @ http://www.runninglovingliving.com
- Rachel @ http://www.runningrachel.com
- Steph @ http://www.fitmomintraining.com
- Melissa @ http://www.treatswithatwist.com
- Lisa @ http://www.runfastmama.com
- Gigi @ http://runningoncandy.blogspot.ca
- Wendy @ http://weightsover.com
- Lena @ http://www.way2goodlife.com
- Paulin @ http://www.theundergroundbootcamp.com/
- Margo @ http://brooklynfitchick.com