Because Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud, today I feel like sharing with you some of my random thoughts:
1. It’s still two weeks until the New Year and I’m already thinking about some goals for 2015. Fitness goals, life goals, parenting goals and just plain looking forward to all that 2015 will hold for me and my family. I kind of feel like the holidays is a speed bump in my fitness plan and I can’t wait to get back into a regular routine.
2. Tuesday night I found myself with a night of no sports booked, so I took the girls to visit Santa at the mall. I was surprised at how excited they were about it, and how quickly they found their “dressy” clothes and got them on when I randomly brought up the idea. From the time I suggested going, to the time I had a picture of them with the jolly guy only an hour had passed. They were really eager to bring their MASSIVE gift lists to him. I guess I forgot that part of keeping that magic is allowing them to TELL him what they want and that their list isn’t just for mommy and daddy to choose gifts for them. Thankfully Santa told them that he would choose 1 thing from the list because he had to save room in the sleigh for all the other kids gifts.
3. On a related note, I’ve decided to stop stressing out over the holiday preparations. While we were visiting Santa on Tuesday I noticed a charity gift wrap kiosk at the mall. So last night I packed up the sleigh, brought ALL of our Christmas gifts to the Charity Gift Wrap at the mall, and made a nice donation to our local hospital. While the elves wrapped, I had a fun evening helping my mom shop. This is probably the best gift I have ever given myself – I HATE gift wrapping even though I worked as a gift wrapper at a mall at Christmas in highschool, and through my university years.
4. The strength training at home thing isn’t really working out for me. I wake up early to train, but then grab a coffee and my laptop to “surf” for a bit while I “wake up”. By the time I “wake up” my whole family is awake and it’s time to start the breakfast, get ready for school and work routine. I’m going to have to start running straight over to the GoodLife Fitness near my house as soon as I get up so that I don’t get distracted by my laptop. I’m going to start with this tomorrow… I promise!
5. It’s time to announce some winners! The winners of my Footlogix giveaway were Emma and Elle. The winner of my Pro Compression socks giveaway was Toni and the winner of the FIT CHICKS Fierce in 8 DVD set was _____. Congratulations!
6. I also still have a MISFIT SHINE giveaway going on so if you haven’t already entered you still have time. That giveaway will close on Saturday, December 20, 2014 at 11:59 pm. Good luck!
How are your holiday preparations coming along?
Do you strength train at home, or at the gym?