Wow, September certainly has snuck up on me, has it snuck up on you too? With the really late start to the school year (my kids start back tomorrow – on the 8th), and the super warm weather, it’s still very much summer here despite the date on the calendar.
As I look at our family schedule for this month, I can see that once school starts our busy schedule will go into a ridiculous level of busyness. Softball will end on the 12th, and hockey starts back on the 13th. Between hockey starting for all three girls (yep – Amber will start playing this year!) and my husband (he plays hockey and coaches too), hockey skills assessments, softball ending with champs day, power skating lessons for Brooke, swimming for Amber, skating lessons for Amber, and Sierra’s Rep softball tryouts, there are only 3 nights of the entire month where we have no sports. INSANE!
Because of this, I’m very big on setting goals, then creating a plan to achieve them. Without those goals and plans I wander aimlessly through life and if I achieve things then it’s by pure luck.
I found this meme funny because my oldest daughter is a goalie, and as much as I love her hockey, it certainly adds another obstacle for me to overcome when it comes towards reaching my own personal goals.
Which brings me to the point of this post…
This month because of the sports schedules of the girls, any of my fitness related goals need to be achieved before work or on a lunch break, though that isn’t so unusual around our place. One thing I need to keep in mind is how I find the volume of activities that I have to drive the kids to stressful. Rushing home from work, feeding the kids dinner, rushing them back out etc and trying to get them there on time takes a toll on me, so my goals will have to be pretty laid back, perhaps designed to serve more as a stress relief instead of progress towards some race speed. Because of that, here are my September goals:
- Run 3 weekday mornings/week + 1 longer weekend run – I need to stay in shape for the ScotiaBank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon in October.
- Yoga or strength 2 weekday mornings/week – I love how good a great workout makes me feel!
- 1 Spinning class at GoodLife Fitness on my lunch break – such a fun class!
- 2 relaxing massages – I’m going for one with my best running friend on the 16th, and I’ll try to book in another one.
- Continue logging my meals with MyFitnessPal – My overall nutrition is slowly improving as a result of using this app.
Hubby and I also want to order another container to purge the house again, but with this month’s schedule we feel it’s best to wait to October when we’ll be more settled into the hockey routine. Hopefully I’ll find a way to survive through the next month of craziness without stress eating too much!
Question/Sharing: Do you set monthly goals? What are your goals for this month?
PLEASE JOIN THE #MOTIVATEME LINK UP!
THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE:
- Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
- Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
- In your post, please mention that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts, Fitness Cheerleader at FitnessCheerleader.com, & Running Rachel at RunningRachel.com.
- Read what the other linkers, are sharing. Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
This post is being written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program.